HIYO™: Aqua HIIT
High Intensity Interval Training, or HIIT, is a popular way to workout for good reason. HIIT, which involves brief bursts of high intensity work followed by a recovery period, burns calories and improves fitness fast. HIYO™ combines aquatic-specific interval training with active yoga-inspired intervals for recovery.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Simplify exercise planning using a six-directional movement formula.
- Coach participants how to work at an intensity that personalizes results.
- Demystify your understanding of the three metabolic systems and explain why water exercise professionals should care about how they work during exercise.
- Help your participants break through training plateaus using a straightforward 8-week plan.
- Explain, develop and deliver your own HIYO™ workouts.
- Information delivered in 3 learning modules (learn at your own pace – no time limits).
- Videos of interactive lectures.
- Detailed coaching notes to follow along and facilitate learning (available to print as a PDF).
- Personalized account login allows unlimited access to course materials.
- Videos of quiz questions and answers explained upon course completion.
CECs: AEA 1.0, Arthritis Foundation 1.0, ATRI 1.0
“I successfully launched a HIYO™ class at my pool. The movements are so different to anything they had been exposed to and they love it! Interestingly, my hip that has had limitations has begun to increase in range of motion. Yahoo. Thank you for your work and your encouragement. ”
– Mary from Oregon, BS, AEA
“I’ve been participating for over a year and it’s been a miracle! After suffering a serious fall, injuring my back, shoulders and knees, I wasn’t able to sleep in a bed, much less get out of one. Walking was too uncomfortable. After just a few weeks, my balance improved and as the workouts progressed, I noticed simple things like bending, getting up from a chair and getting out of bed had become much more comfortable to do. I appreciate the opportunity to say thanks for helping me get my life back!”