STRENGTH IS BALANCE
Shallow-water interval training
A fat-burning, functional fitness workout that focuses on the health and fitness needs of the body as it ages. Six interval sets transform movements you do every day into exercises for the pool, helping you move better in any direction life takes you. Short cardio intervals boost heart health, melt calories, and fast-track your results.
- Recognize the importance of mobility, strength, and endurance to healthy aging.
- Identify six movement essentials: reaching, walking, lifting, turning, sit-to-stand, and balance.
- Learn how to transform these six movements you do every day into exercises for the pool.
- Discover how to coach clients to work at an intensity that improves heart health.
- Take home one shallow water interval workout to improve total body functionality of people over 50.
The information is covered in 4 modules:
- Video recordings that deliver course content in 4 learning modules
- Strength is Balance sample workout (choreography notes included)
- Coaching notes (available to print as a PDF) to follow along and facilitate learning
CECs: AEA 2.0, Arthritis Foundation 2.0, ATRI 2.0
“I really like the format of having the quizzes at intervals. It reduces test anxiety, and it encourages learning in stages and at a pace that the learning can more easily choose.”
– LeslieBeth (LB) Wish, Ed.D, licensed psychotherapist, author (www.lovevictory.com) and certified AEA professional
“Keep providing great educational tools that I can easily access. Thank you so much!”
– Amy Parker, Mount Pleasant, SC
“Really enjoyed the course!”