Wavemakers®: MORE BEHIND THE MOVES
This workshop takes an in-depth look at how we use the feet, hips and thoracic spine when walking. Understanding the body mechanics of walking will help you use three common water exercises — ski, jumping jack, and twist — to help the body be more efficient with every step. The grab-and-go shallow water workout will help your clients improve balance, lengthen their stride, and walk with better posture.
Take this course to learn:
- Why strength is so important when transitioning in and out of an exercise.
- How to use 3 common exercises: ski, jack and twist – to improve walking.
- Strategies to help participants self-monitor and self-adjust each exercise.
- How to design a water workout to walk better on land.
- Information delivered in 4 learning modules (learn at your own pace – no time limits)
- Videos of interactive lectures
- Detailed coaching notes to follow along and facilitate learning (available to print as a PDF)
- A sample workout and choreography notes for poolside use
- Videos of quiz questions and answers explained upon course completion
CECs: AEA 2.0, Arthritis Foundation 2.0, ATRI 2.0
“The universal application of Applied Functional Science (AFS) for training, injury prevention and rehabilitation are like none other. And there is nobody better at breaking down complex AFS principles in a systematic way than Jeanmarie Scordino. Her energizing teaching style, combined with her clear explanations, make her presentations both informative and fun”